ORB has had a great year filled with exciting engineering projects, from county utility projects to airports to residential designs. Take a peek below at our highlight projects from the year!
At the beginning of the year, ORB Engineering began to work in earnest on a project for a new water plant for Polk County, the Cherry Hill Water Production Facility. Our work, alongside Hydro Solutions, consisted of engineering design and drawing and construction administration. There were multiple areas that we designed, including:
- High Service Pump (HSP) – Design of slab and foundation for pumps
- Electrical Building – Design of slab and foundation for electrical equipment
- Generator- Design of foundation and slab for fuel tank.
- Wells l and 2 – Design of foundation and slab for well pumps.
- Chemical Building- Design of foundation, slab, and building structure.
- Scada Tower- Foundation and slab design for tower and SCADA generator.
Besides the engineering design, ORB also provided construction administration services including meetings, reviews and revisions, site visits, RFI reviews, change orders and close outs. By providing both the design and construction administration of the project, ORB was able to ensure each task was completed per document drawings and within schedule. This project was great for the team here because our chief engineer, Mr. Julio Orbegoso, has extensive experience in industrial style engineering and is also a licensed general contractor, as such it was right up our alley and great to re-visit a well-known area of structural engineering.
ORB also did work on the Sebring Airport alongside Frasier Contracting. This project involved renovations to the airport, including:
- T-Hangers –engineering evaluation and reinforcement and repair design
- Building 33 –foundation design and drawings for new PEMB along with drawings and details for floor plan and MEP design and drawings
- Building 60 –engineering evaluation of roof system and design and drawings for new roof exterior stairs, access ladders, and supporting calculations.
- Building 103 –foundation design and drawings for new PEMB, interior partitions and build-out. Includes (but not limited to), floor plan, interior elevations, ceiling plan and MEP.
- Building 104 –engineering evaluation and analysis of existing roof system design and drawings for installation of new roof covering system. Also, drawings and details for repair/replacement of existing office, restroom, and storage area with engineering evaluation of existing roof framing system and supporting calculations.
These renovations were necessary to due the degraded state of the existing structure. This project required extensive field inspections to assess the existing structures stability. The airport also was looking to renovate and do some additions as well. ORB was able to provide all the services necessary to get the drawings and calculations to ensure a successful renovation.
ORB had so many residential projects this year it is hard to pick just one to highlight. From renovations and additions, to new home construction, ORB saw it all in the residential field. However, one home does stand out. ORB provided full design and drawings for a new house construction. The residence was over 5,500 S.F. and included
- Five bedrooms
- Six bathrooms
- A master suite
- Covered lanai and balcony
- Great room
- Dining room and kitchen
- Laundry room
Our engineers worked closely with our clients to provide them with drawings for their dream home. Residential projects can be challenging because of the many codes and requirements set out by the building department. Fortunately, our engineers are well-versed in these codes and were able to get this beautiful new home construction off the ground with well-designed engineering plans.
We are excited for 2020 to see what new projects we work on and the engineering design we will provide. If you have a 2020 project you want to collaborate on, give us a call, we would love to work with you!
More to come soon.